(0 items) Help
Home → Nursing → Gerontology
By Margaret Webb, Jan Skinner and Lisa Hee
116 pagesCopyright 2015$93.95, Spiral Bound, Reference
• 1st year undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing students
• Post Graduate Aged Care Nursing students
• Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability students
• Diploma of Nursing Students
Stories in Ageing presents an insightful collection of personal stories as told by a range of older people, carers, health professionals and family members.
This valuable resource builds empathy and understanding, and provides examples of innovative approaches to care with a focus on reflection, inquiry and action.
The teaching and learning strategies assist in developing skills, attitudes and mindfulness around ageing, with a strong focus on a person-centred and lived approach.
• Including 10 chapters, each presenting a variety of stories from consumers, carers and healthcare professionals around a range of topics related to ageing.
• With 19 video stories presenting personal accounts from a range of lived experiences.
• Reflection, inquiry and action provide the framework for the teaching and learning strategies for each story, aimed at certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Weblinks, references and readings are included for further reading and research.
• Transcripts of all interviews are included in the back of the book and online.
• The Evolve online component features all content from the workbook with the addition of the embedded videos.
By Margaret Webb; Jan Skinner and Lisa Hee