(0 items) Help
Home → Medicine → Pediatrics
Edited by Tom Lissauer, MB, BChir, FRCPCH and Will Carroll, MD MRCP MRCPCH Bm BCh BA MA(Oxon)
824 pagesCopyright 2017$416.00, Paperback, Reference
A title in the MRCPCH Study Guides Series.
Availability:This title is currently out of stock. We will ship as soon as we receive our stock.
This book is “innovative and original in assisting the reader
to apply the principles of science to paediatric practice”.
Professor Neena Modi, President, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
The Science of Paediatrics, MRCPCH Mastercourse, provides essential
background preparation for the MRCPCH Theory and Science examination.
It contains an up-to-date review of the application of science to everyday
paediatric clinical practice, whether it is interpreting clinical signs or
investigations, prescribing drugs or identifying best management. Although
this understanding is essential in order to make informed clinical decisions,
it is diffi cult to obtain as it is not usually covered in clinical textbooks.
• MRCPCH exam-format questions embedded in each chapter to
• Emphasis on embryology to explain many congenital abnormalities
• An overview of the relevant anatomy and physiology
• Focus on the application and interpretation of investigations
• Examples of recent advances in science and clinical research that have
benefi tted the children’s care
• All clinical specialties covered by paediatric specialists.
• Chapters covering evidence-based paediatrics, statistics, ethics and
“Drs Tom Lissauer and Will Carroll have produced a very much wanted text, by putting together what committed professionals need to know… The book is most desirable tool for the candidates preparing for examinations and interviews.”
"highly recommended to anyone studying for or taking the relevant examinations but also to others able to use it appropriately as a resource in day-to-day practice."
"Drs Tom Lissauer and Will Carroll have produced a very much wanted text, by putting together what committed professionals need to know… The book is most desirable tool for the candidates preparing for examinations and interviews."
- British Association for Community Child Health (BACCH) Newsletter
Edited by Tom Lissauer, MB, BChir, FRCPCH, Honorary Consultant Paediatrician, Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London, UK
and Will Carroll, MD MRCP MRCPCH Bm BCh BA MA(Oxon), Clinical and Academic Lead & Consultant Paediatrician, University Hospital of the North Midlands Newcastle Road Stoke-on-Trent UK